Sunday 26 September 2010

8 shot Journey


EVALUATION

My 8 shot journey storyboard contains 8 different shots explaining what is happening. It illustrates a complete journey of a girl going to class. My storyboard shows a variation of different shots from close up to long shot. However, I changed a few shots to make them work and look better in the sequences. Although, I had to change some because for the elevator shot there were many people coming in and out, I also had to changed the part of Becky walking into the camera, to her looking into the mirror because it made it look more realistic. For some of the shots I had the camera at the side so Becky walks past the camera after starting from a long shot. I think the mirror shot is more imaginative because I filmed her reflection instead of her. There’s also a ground level shot which shows her legs and feet. It keeps continuity of action because of the backgrounds shows it is in a similar place throughout, the directions of where they are going. I think it keeps to the brief. My storyboard has the required information, with shot number- size, what is happening and SOS- EOS. The drawings show basic details of what is happening and arrows show which directions they have to go.
I labeled my tape so if anyone found or picked it out of a camera if I left it in there, they would know who to give it too. I also striped the tape as well because so it has a consistent time code throughout. Using a tripod helps the camera stay in the right position, keeps the camera steady for the shot. The tripod also helps with having the camera at different heights and angles. I did record handles on each take because when cutting you have a period to watch to make shore you can cut the shot the right part you want it at. I did record more than once of the same shot because, the person who was acting would either laugh or go the wrong way. When I was filming in the elevator everyone kept coming in so we went back at a different time so when it was quieter. I had to re- shot some shots because I had to do it a different day and they had different cloths on.
A time code is the minutes, seconds and frames of what you have shot. The purpose is to help you organize when the shots start and stop, how long it is. Log sheets should contain time code, shot size, what is happening in the shot and what shot you have chosen to use. My log sheet includes all the necessary information needed. This information helps me log in the right shots into the computer and it helps anyone else logging it in, as they have the information, they need.
The final cut pro computer programme I used was video editing. The capture process saves the shots onto the computer for cutting, but the computer makes sure it is on there if you need it again.  The log sheet shows me exactly which video I need to capture and what part I do not need to. I trimmed my takes before placing them in the timeline. Each of my edited shoots makes a complete form sequence. It fits together well and I cut them at the right points to make it look like she has gone round the corner and carrying on. If I done this exercise again I would set my sequences in a different place and use more different kind of shots, with angles to give more depth and interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment